New Leaders Blog
Our first New Leaders strand of professional development is in the books! But before we celebrate too much, here’s a recap of the meaningful discussions we had today in Room 204:
As promised, Kim Fowler, our speaker for "Finding Resources for Your Classroom: Think and Wonder, Wonder and Think," sent out a document detailing the resources she shared during her presentation. Most of these are already included in the "Web Resources" page, but here is her email:
Finding Resources for Your Classroom: Think and Wonder, Wonder and Think Information from AASCD Session for New Leaders
- Arkansas Education Service Cooperatives—There are 15 co-ops located in Arkansas. A listing of those co-ops with contact information can be located at http://www.arkansased.org/contact-us/education-service-cooperatives.
- Organizations Within the State
- Arkansas Association of Supervision and Curriculum Development (AASCD)
- Arkansas Association of Education Administrators and Appropriate Constituent Groups (for administrator)
- Content Area Groups such as state level math/social studies/ELA, etc.
- Arkansas Department of Education Website located at arkansased.org
- Arkansas IDEAS website which is located at ideas.aetn.org CCSS resources are located at ideas.aetn.org/commoncore
- Common Core Units/Maps located at www.commoncore.org
Math Units are being posted and are available for download. ELA Units have to be purchased but fee is not exorbitant.
These maps can provide a beginning point for planning instruction…but planning will need to be tailored to meet the unique needs of classrooms.
- Examples of Effective CCSS Lessons can be found at the Teaching Channel located at www.teachingchannel.org
- Wide Variety of CCSS Resources at OER Commons website located at www.oercommons.org. This website includes lessons which have been evaluated based on the EQUIP Tri-State Rubric. An explanation of the use of this rubric can be located at the ideas.aetn.org/commoncore website. There are separate explanations for math and English/Language Arts located under each of those subjects.
Presented by Kim Fowler, Teacher Center Coordinator, O.U.R. Education Cooperative